Kota Padang & Kota Pariaman
The International Federation of Red Cross and
Red Crescent Societies’ mission is to improve the lives of vulnerable people
mobilizing the power of humanity. It is the world’s largest humanitarian
organization and its millions of volunteers are active in over 186
International Federation Red Cross and Red
Crescent Societies Padang, West Sumatera Office – Indonesia Delegation is
looking for candidates for the posts of:
Officer – T. Shelter – Kota Padang (1 position)
Project Officer – T. Shelter – Kota Pariaman (1 position)
This position will
report in directly to the IFRC Head of Operations in Padang. The primary
of this position is on Temporary Shelter construction in the area of Kota
Padang / Kota Pariaman, a location where PMI and IFRC has made a commitment
support the construction of temporary shelters in support of the overall
recovery effort being coordinated by the Indonesian Red Cross (PMI).
Coordination with other project officers and staff within PMI and IFRC will
critical to the success of the position. The position will also contribute
to branch capacity development in the
temporary shelter program, where possible:
- Work towards the achievement of overall Padang Operation goals through
effective managerial and lateral relations and teamwork.
- Ensure understanding of roles, responsibilities, lateral relationships
- Perform other work related duties and the supervisor may assign
- Comply with the financial and administrative procedures of PMI and IFRC .
duties, responsibilities and accountabilities:
1. Provide technical support, supervision, promotion of safer housing
standards and risk reduction measures to PMI T-shelter team in Kota
Padang/Kota Pariaman during design, implementation and evaluation phases in
Kota Padang/Kota Pariaman Area; including ensuring community ownership and
gender participation in all stages of the program.
2. Maintain close and cooperative relationships with key stakeholders
including Movement partners, local authorities and other agencies.
3. Assist to PMI on the cash transferring and support PMI to monitor
purchasing procedures at community level in order to reinforce
4. Support the PMI on by compiling financial documents and follow up reports
according to IFRC requirements.
5. In close collaboration with PMI, gather and file all required Sources of
Verification according to Programme Proposal in Kota Padang/Kota Pariaman
6. Anticipate and identify possible constrains and bottlenecks affecting the
T-shelter Programme and actively propose realistic solutions with the
support of the PMI.
7. In consultation with CRC, establish and implement reporting plan and
schedule to ensure CRC is kept informed and updated of all TS and other
matters related to the Padang Operation.
8. In close coordination with PMI, actively support efforts to build the
capacity of the local chapter staff and volunteers, including coaching and
training in support of the temporary shelter project.
Qualification & Experience:
· Degree in civil engineering or a related
· At least 3 years experience of working for an
international humanitarian aid organization;
· Knowledge of local community structures and
local Government authority structures;
· Experience in working for the Red Cross/Red
· At least 5 years working experience with
community participatory project management methodologies including knowledge
programme cycle management, especially related to the programme
and design and participatory assessments and monitoring;
· Excellent problem solving and coordination
· Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesian
Language skills required.
Please submit your application letter addressing the above qualifications
experience with your curriculum vitae on 2nd February 2010at the latest to:
Human Resources Department
International Federation of Red Cross
and Red Crescent Societies
c/o Palang Merah Indonesia (PMI) Daerah Sumatera Barat
Jl. Sisingamangaraja No. 34, Padang
Please indicate on the subject heading:
Application for PO -T. Shelter – Padang
Application for PO -T. Shelter – Pariaman
Only short listed candidates will be notified.